Sep 4, 2013


Robb crushed the Masters 35+ Cat 4 by 1 minute and 22 seconds !!!!

     "I was still sore from missing first place at Warnerville TT by 3 seconds. I had a better pre race warm up this time, and felt much better prepared overall. The weather was a bit overcast and around 75 degrees at the start with some headwinds going out. I was fourth to go and immediately gaining on my 1 minute man. I passed him 3-4 miles in and then could see the next rider. It was nice to have these "carrots" dangling in front of me to try to chase down. But there is always the thought of who is catching up behind you lingering in your mind. I caught the second rider around mile 8, and could see the guy who started three minutes ahead of me right at the turn, and I knew I had already taken two minutes out of him. After the turn at 10 miles, I had 8 miles left and did my best to catch him. He finished 16 seconds ahead of me. By the time I crossed the finish line, I was ready to puke, which is a good sign, I left it all out there. I started to find I was hitting the mental wall at mile 15, and channeled some anger and found myself entering a deeper darker pain cave than I have ever experienced, and was able to stay there until the race finished. I knew I had posted a good time, but wasn't sure about the riders behind me. I ended up taking first by 1 minute and 22 second. It was a cool feeling to have one of the other guys in my group point at my name in the results and say 'man, that guy was moving.'"

PCG Coach: Earl Zimmermann