Sep 13, 2018




David Mason from Stow, Scotland, completed the “Tour O The Borders” http://tourotheborders.com/ , on a recumbent.  The Tour is a 120 kms (74 mile) sportive with significant climbing, including the infamous Talla climb that includes a section of 20% grade, on a recumbent.   

David and I reviewed the course profile and developed a training plan to improve his FTP and especially his sustained endurance capabilities.  We set a goal of 3:55:00, which meant maintaining nearly 19 mph average.  His official finishing time:  3:55:07.  Sweet.    

Here is a really sweet closing note on his blog about this event, link below:

"I’d like to put in a shout for Rickey Wray Wilson who has been kicking my butt and getting me into shape in the past few months. I had been training by myself using TrainerRoad in the year prior but seemed to be stuck on a plateau with the limited time I have available for training. Rickey helped change that and has elevated me to a higher level in just a few months. I feel like another year with Rickey and I might be contending at or near the front in some of these events. I have had a blast training with Rickey and look forward to more of the same!”



David is Coached by PCG Elite Coach Rickey Wray Wilson


1 comments:

  1. Really great job by David! Congratulations on a big success!

    ReplyDelete