May 14, 2018


Peaks athlete Felipe Schaun Machado has been on FIRE!!!! On 5/1/18 he made the podium in an always tough Quabbin Road Race and then follows up with a NJ State Road Race Championship this past Saturday at Bear Mountain RR!!! Here's his report form Saturday:


We lined up in the heavy rain, the first lap was tame and the pace only really picked up as we hit Tiorati on the second lap. There were a few attacks but nothing was going to realistically stick from that far out. Heading into Tiorati on lap 3, someone kicked hard and got into a 3 man break. Our team did an awesome job of pulling back the 3 man break on a seriously hard section of the climb. This really helped me during that section of the race.

Fast forward to lap 4 as not much else happened on lap 3... 

I hit the downhill approach hard, came into Tiorati among the first 10 riders . NYCC stepped up and holy shit they went hard. 2 of their riders took Tiorati at a very hard pace from bottom to top. The pace was legit, people got shredded on that climb, around 2/3 of the climb I was on the red line, I allowed some riders pass by me, thinking they'll drag me through the plateau,it didn't happen.

A group of 5 riders formed a breakaway by the top, one of my teammates was in that group, so I let the others teams do the job. At that point we were a group of 15 riders, I saved my legs for the group sprint, finished 2nd on the sprint, as I was the first NJ rider to cross the line I won the NJ state championship.

Felipe is coached by Elite PCG Coach Bart Lipinski 

0 comments:

Post a Comment