Oct 14, 2015

Ben Douglas, Montclair Bikery Development junior took his second win of the cyclocross season at Copper River.

”After a few warmup laps on the cold, windy and rainy day with Peaks Elite Coach Bill Brunner, my race started. I stayed on the race leaders and after a few minutes of racing, we were getting to the first set of barriers. We rode around trees and around hairpin turns and ran up two stairs and trudged on. There was one particularly technical turn that followed a very steep downhill and then a very steep climb back to the top of the hill. Every time the two of us got to this turn, the other rider would mess it up and end up running his bike. On the last lap, I took advantage of this and passed him, in that corner and pushed as hard as I could to keep him behind me till the tarmac for the final sprint. I sprinted all out and crossed the line first for the win. The weather made this race very exciting with deep mud patches and freezing weather.”


0 comments:

Post a Comment