Apr 28, 2015

PCG athletes had two racers on the podium in the 2015 Skoda Hero’s Race in China!

Ed Cork took the top spot! “I entered the Masters (age group) category to support teammate Jeffrey Reed, but we were unable to create a breakaway despite his concerted efforts, and it came down to a bunch sprint. I placed 1st, and Jeffrey 2nd.” 

Ed continued, “Then I entered the Elite (A-grade) race, where I usually ride. A teammate got into a late breakaway, so we soft-pedalled the last lap. And then somehow I managed to drag myself towards the front of the peloton and stay there, placing 3rd in the bunch sprint and 9th overall. This quite surprised me, and I have to thank David for that.  As a result, the organizers created a one-off "Daredevil rider" prize just for me!”

Great job Ed! What an awesome weekend of racing! Keep up the great work!  

Ed Cork -1st place, Jeffrey Reed 2nd place

PCG Coach: David Tonello

0 comments:

Post a Comment