Mar 9, 2015

Jeffrey Reed competed in the Skoda: Heros, Chinese Cycling Race: Around Shanghai and JiaDing Station this past weekend.

Jeffrey did an awesome job with his first race back after sometime away and he really excelled. His team asked a lot of him before the race and Jeffrey was able to help his team take 3rd place in the team time trial!

Following the team time trial, Jeffrey competed in the Masters race where he finished 3rd overall and placed well in some lap sprints.

Later that afternoon, Jeffrey raced in the Elite field and held his own very well after his break in racing and training.

Following the race, Jeffrey spoke to his Coach Bill McLaughlin, “I got 3rd in Masters - For sprint points 1st - 3rd, 1st, 3rd. For the TTT we got 3rd. Ouch, - the day was hard but I had a great time. I didn't get dropped from the Elite race. Stayed low and cornered very well, drafted and did my best, my team didn't call on me to bridge the gap to a break away as we had a guy in it, he bridged shortly before we would have been put on duty.”

Job well done, Jeffrey! Keep up the great work!

PCG Coach: Bill McLaughlin

0 comments:

Post a Comment