Sep 16, 2014

Christopher Psarakis raced the Cretan Championships TT on Saturday and the Cretan Championships Road Race on Sunday.

Following Christopher’s TT, he reported to his coach and said, “Not a "usual" TT, mostly downhill with a few shorter climbs. Pacing was very important, as was the correct gearing. I set the best time of the day, winning the GC!”

On Sunday, Christopher raced in the Cretan Road Race and took 2nd in the Master’s category and 3rd overall. Following the race, Christopher touched base with his coach, “It was a mostly flat, 12 km circuit, which we raced 5 times. Legs just a bit heavy from yesterday, but not bad. I was racing well and I was at the breakaway with another 3 riders. I was caught sleeping with 1 lap to go and I lost the winning move of the other 2 riders. The 4th rider didn't have the legs, so I was left chasing alone with no success. I finished 2nd Master and 3rd overall. Very nice weekend, I enjoyed it!!”

PCG Coach: Bill McLaughlin

0 comments:

Post a Comment