Aug 23, 2013

Antonio Garnero took on the Haute Route Alps and reported this back to his coach following his stage win, “Hunter, 1st in the stage today!!!!!!! Man this tastes sweet!!!! I felt super the whole day. Tempo pace felt like endurance on the days climbs. No problem at all, and I knew I was good!

Then, in the valley, approx. 20km to the last climb, a move was created and I jumped on it, and suddenly, we were 4 and there was a gap! The GC leaders were all looking at each other and no one gave proper chase!  

We drilled it at the front and at the foot of the last climb we were told we had over 3 minutes and we knew we were going for the stage! Man, my legs were fine!!! We started strong the last climb but no one was getting away. I was pretty confident I could win the uphill sprint so I just controlled.

What happened in the last KM is bitter sweet though. The guys decided to cross the line together and at that moment I was glad to agree. I felt it was the right thing to do. So we were all winners. Great feeling to be riding at the front and feeling fine!!! Thanks Hunter you are the best!”

Awesome job, Antonio!!

PCG Coach: Hunter Allen