Jul 26, 2013

Greg Judin in the Dolomites
wearing the Peaks Coaching Group Kit!
Greg Judin teamed up with friend, Mark Talmud to tackle the Craft TransAlp Mt Bike Stage Race in Mittenwald on July 13-20 2013. The duo mastered the total distance of 675.98 km and 20,242 metres in elevation gain to Riva del Garda in 43:49hrs and place 109 out of almost 500 teams who set out to conquer this grand event. Greg explained to his coach before he set out on the journey that the goal for the race was to finish safely with a smile on his face, and to enjoy the riding and partnership with Mark. "Mission accomplished", he said in his post race report. He went on to say that "My constant consultation, and corresponding education, with Karen [Mackin, his PCG Coach] have really helped me to understand the science behind power training and I am now able to translate that into how my body is feeling and adapting and use that as my reference for how hard I can and should push it. I can 'feel' when I am riding at the right intensity (IF) and how far beyond that I can push, as well as how much fuel I need to do so and for how long I'm able to maintain it." His coach explained that "Greg worked really hard in his training, he always asks why and is a great athlete/power student". Because of this, she was not at all surprised how well he made the Power to Mind and Body connection. - and it obviously payed off in the results of this race! Congratulations Greg!

PCG Coach: Karen Mackin