Jun 10, 2013

Arden’s first “A” race of the season was the South Carolina Road Race Championship.  Arden has racked up numerous wins so far this season, often “training through” the events with her eye on the state championship jersey and medal.  She worked tirelessly all season and in particular worked hard at tapering and refining her sprint over the last couple of weeks.  With some very stiff competition and only one teammate to assist, Arden had her work cut out for her.  As expected, during the second lap of the 3-lap race, Arden found herself in a break with her two main competitors.  Arden describes the finish best:  “I knew that they both probably had a better jump than I, so I decided my only chance to beat them was for me to be 3rd wheel going in and then sprint early.  At 1K, one of the girls attacked hard and the other chased.  I worked super hard to get on the wheel of the one chasing. I was thinking "THIRD PLACE IS UNACCEPTABLE!!".  As she caught the leader, I came around and went as hard as I possibly could! I crossed the line first!”


Congratulations AGAIN Arden!

PCG Coach: Marianne Holt