Nov 3, 2022

Coached by elite/master level coach Bill Goss, Fred Wittwer takes down the win and stands tall on the 65+ Masters Podium Saturday October 29, 2022

Fred and I have a couple of dozen wins over many seasons, including a few National Championships. Fred usually starts to roll around this time as the weather gets colder, so when the gun sounded Saturday he was off! I'll let his words describe his race:

"Yeah had a long drive 3:45 hrs to get there ,pretty stressed from driving around DC & Arlington. I had a second row start.which started in 6 "" of mud for about 75 yards. Course was soft and heavy with fair amount of climbing and technical sections.  Came out of start in about 8th place. Really felt flat. Worked my way into the lead at the end of 1st lap. I was able to ride the long mud section many had to run. Got the lead and never looked back. Second was a minute back  third was 2min back. I was happy to win despite not feeling 100%."


1 comments: