A few of the most important things he learned he needed to work on (and then successfully implemented at the end of the season) with the help of video:
- to accelerate out of the turns
- work harder at the top of the hills
- when to rev up the cadence and when NOT to
- where to line up (left/right) at the start
- what lines work through the corners, which don't
- how hard you REALLY need to go to get to the first corner in a good place and how key that is to your race results.
These are only a few of the many items Bruce worked on and improved upon over the course of the season. Another great use of the video: Watching a supremely executed CX race is divine, and his coach was happy to view a few of those!
So what happens on the very last race of the season? He forgets his Garmin! (and Strava didn't record) and he forgot to turn on his video camera! So no data, no video, but his coach is as happy as a clam because this was his report...
"The course was 100% snow, I got lapped - and muddy - but it was the most fun I have had all year on a course. Very muddy - gloppy and gluey, the entire course!"
Bruce Rychlik is coached by PCG Elite/Master Coach Karen Mackin