Oct 27, 2015

Coached by Bill Brunner.

Ben Douglas, Montclair Bikery Colavita Development wins Junior 9-14 at Marty Cross:

“The forecast for Marty Cross was cold and rainy, what some would call "perfect for cross".  My plan was to sprint the start and get into a good position, not caught up behind too many riders on the technical bits of the course.  I was fifth wheel going onto the course and moved my way up to fourth and stuck there.  Since my race was all junior categories, I was in first place in my category and fourth overall.  I stuck on the fifth wheel while slowly pulling away from the rest of the group.  This kept up until the last time we went over the barriers where we were about to lap another competitor.  As we went over, we passed the other rider but the boy I had stuck with the whole race cut too close to the tape and got his bike caught in it.  I took advantage of the mistake and sprinted across the line for first place in my category of Juniors 9-14 and 4th overall.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment