Jul 20, 2015

Coached by Aaron Long.

The race report from Alex:
Best race of my life! It was 2 hours and 59kms, mostly mountains. After about 8kms of the initial climb, one kid shot up in the front. I convinced one guy who seemed to be in good form to chase with me. We spent the rest of the race together enlisting guys from different categories to join in on our chase. We never saw the leader again but were comfortably sitting on 2nd and 3rd place until the end of the race. At 57kms, I was starting to think about when to sprint and try to grab second place from my new friend when I got a flat with 1 km to go… It was the fastest tire change of my life but 2 riders passed me. In the end, I got 5th and a podium. The power meter dictated my race. I kept saving energy (thinking of a final sprint on the cobbles) when I could but never letting the power of the chase group drop to get a distance from the peloton. Overall, I felt great! Good job coach! My TSS last week must be around 700.

0 comments:

Post a Comment