Apr 28, 2014

Christopher Psarakis raced The Cretan Amateurs Cycling Tour in Greece. This race is the first stage race European qualifier event for the 2014 for the UCI World Cycling Tour.

The first stage was the ITT and here is what Christopher wrote to me after his race, “1st stage done! Pretty happy from my performance. Pacing was good and power was there. I got 2nd in age category and 4th in general ranking.”

The 2nd Stage was a 81KM rolling circuit race which here again is Christopher’s race report, “Stage 2 done! Not the best terrain for me (a lot of ups and downs with short hills and flat finish) but I did well. I managed to form a breakaway of 8 and finish with a few minutes from the next group. I got 2nd in age category and remaining 4th overall. Tomorrow is the final stage with uphill finish! I hope to have good legs!”

The 3rd stage was 14.3km + 5 laps X 19.7km + finish loop 3km 116km which was a lot of climbing right to Christopher’s strength but luck wasn’t on Christopher’s side today as heavy rains and a flat early in the race ended his race. Here was his race report, “Really bad luck today. The race started with a heavy rain. I was feeling good and I was at the front ready for action, but I had a flat tire in the end of the first lap. I had a spare wheel from the service but the front group was already 5' ahead and probably too late. I did one more lap on my own looking for other riders to form a chase but no one was strong enough to help. So, I decided to abandon since I have already earned the ticket for the finals and also to be rested for tomorrow.”

Christopher did an awesome job and showed that he was one of if not the strongest in the filed earning a place in the 2014 UCI World Cycling Tour Final and racing strong. He also has a 30Km Circuit race today that I am looking forward to that race report.

Way to Go Christopher!!!!


PCG Coach: Bill McLaughlin