Dec 1, 2022

For some of us athletes the top of the podium looks a little bit different. HUGE congratulations going out to Vivek!!! Check out Vivek's inspirational testimonial below on how coach Nathan Ayers helped him top his personal podium. 

"Today I, as a mid-50-year-old diabetic, was formally taken off Metformin (diabetes medication). And for that I owe my running/cycling coach, Nate Ayers. Without him it would have been impossible to even maintain my fitness, much less improve it to where this was an option. And I wasn't just on a wee bit - I was on the maximum clinical limit for Metformin!

My path started with dropping a ton of weight before meeting Nate but like most, I had previously lost a ton of weight only to put it back on. Enter Nate. I found Peaks Coaching from a fellow Peloton'er. I had just purchased an outdoor bike 3 months before but felt like I was just doing random workouts and didn't know how to design a proper training plan. Every training plan I saw online required me to fit into it, I wanted one that fit into MY life, MY plans. Nate looked at my life & goals and created a custom plan that fit me. He/I talked on a regular basis about how I was doing, what I wanted to do. He'd customize my plan to make sure I was always challenged but never over training.

Within 3 months of meeting Nate, I had done *two* 100-mile bike rides and with his encouragement, started training to do the SF half marathon 3 months later! Alas Covid hit the week before. Despite having a worse-than-average reaction to covid, within 90 days of recovery his training plan had me stronger than ever before, exceeding both cycling FTP and running CP!

I've now declared the Sept 2023 Santa Cruz half Ironman as my bucket list target, with 2 Sprint and 2 Olympic triathlons as an appetizer. And remember - 2 years ago I weighed 60 pounds more, couldn't bike more than 3 miles, had never run even 2 miles. I only did my first EVER swim 2 days ago, a little nervous, but Nate has already started giving me homework on that front.

I would like to publicly thank Nate for pushing me to maintain/extend my fitness discipline and helping me achieve a medication free life. He's the younger-and-almost-as-cool-as-me brother I never had."


- Vivek Bhatia

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrvivekbhatia/





0 comments:

Post a Comment