Aug 18, 2014

Lesley Jensen won the NorCal Nevada district championship for women 55-59. Last week she finalized winning the NCNCA women's 35+ road racing series. 

Following the race, Lesley touched based with Coach Tonello and gave him a race recap, “know I won my age group at San Ardo. It was slow for the first lap, then an attack on the 2nd lap in the rollers split the group. Then we went super slow again after we caught the girl off the front.  I only had one other left in my age group after the group split (we raced with the 45+ and 50+) and I was able to jump hard on the last time up the feed hill and drop my competitor. I actually ended up 3rd in the race overall, which is amazing!! The heat was a huge factor as we raced at 11:30, and the flats from the goat heads took their toll.  The one girl I was most worried about actually flatted on the 1st lap.”

Great work Lesley!

PCG Coach: David Tonello

0 comments:

Post a Comment